Friday, August 13, 2010

Aug 6--I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY

Hello Family!

I absolutely love being a missionary! Everything about it is great! Even the hard things are great!

Well for starters- WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS!!!! I fly directly to PARIS, FRANCE in 10 days. I will report to the MTC travel office one Monday August 16th at 1:30pm so that means that we will get to the airport about 2:30 or so, then my direct flight leaves Salt Lake at 4:50pm. So.....you should expect to get a phone call from me around 2:00pm your time or so. I am SO excited to talk to you all before I leave the country. I will land in the Chas De Gaulle airport on Tuesday August 17th at 11:25am. Words really can't describe how excited I am.

Yesterday my friend Elder Hales brought his Paris pictures to show me. I almost had a heart attack when I saw then. I don't know, it's just that when I saw them I thought to myself "Holy Cow!!!! Paris is a REAL place...with REAL people....who speak ONLY FRENCH....and I am going there in 10 days. Wow! Alright, so I only have a few minutes to write so this is this week in a nut-shell:

I bore my testimony in french during testimony meeting. It has really hit me how much french we "old" missionaries really know. I love hearing the new missionaries speak french, it helps me see how much I have grown. Really, it is all thanks to the Gift of Tongues! I couldn't have done this on my own, and honestly I still have a long way to go.

Our favorite progressive investigator, Triston, is INCREDIBLE! He will be "baptized" this Saturday. I can't wait to teach real people though.

This week it has been off and on rainy. I actually like it a lot. Well, the other day our teacher decided that we were going to go outside and take a walk. When we got to this specific place he stopped us and told us that we were going to do a special activity. We all had to pretend like we were busy, non-mormon, french people in a public place. The he chose one of us to be a missionary, who had to stand up on a table, get everyone's attention and teach them (Of course everyone was asking weird questions too). The first missionary he chose was Elder Bishop who is pretty quiet. I think that Elder Bishop did amazing, and he was actually really bold and powerful. Well then of course he chose ME to be the missionary. I'm not going to lie, I was praying in my heart that I wouldn't be picked, but apparently Heavenly Father felt otherwise. It was pretty much the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done, but afterwards I felt really good. I feel like if I could do that, I can do anything. At least in France I probably won't be standing on any tables to contact. But then again, you never know. Haha We'll see.

Well, that's about all I have time for today. I'm sorry this is short, but I will send a seperate email to mom and dad.

I love you all! As always, thank you for all of your love and support. Please know that I am well and very happy.

Eternally Yours,
Soeur Andrea McClaine

No comments:

Post a Comment