Friday, August 13, 2010

Aug 13- GOODBYE USA--HELLO FRANCE

Goodbye USA, Hello France!
Friday, August 13, 2010 3:47 PM
From:
"Andrea McClaine"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
zcalymac@verizon.net
Hello Family!

I can't believe that my time at the MTC is almost done. In three days I will say goodbye to everything that is normal and comfortable to me and start new in FRANCE (or Belgium). I have absolutely loved the MTC! It is a very special place and I feel so lucky to have been here for the last eight and a half weeks. There is a lot that I will miss, but I feel prepared and ready to go to out to the mission field.

Well, first of all- Mom, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DRESS YOU SENT ME! When I read your note I thought "Aw, sad-it's not going to fit" but then I got home that night and tried it on and it fits perfectly!!!! I was so impressed that you made that! I have showed practically everyone here and I am so proud to say that my mom made it for me! It is so beautiful and I feel so special when I wear it. (I'm wearing it today! :] ) I will take a picture of me wearing it when I am in France and I will make sure to send it to you! Thank you so much Mom! You are amazing.

I feel like I don't have that much more to say this week. We have just been doing the same thing that we have been the last 9 weeks. As always, every devotional and fireside we have is incredible! This week in Relief Society the Primary General President came and spoke to us. Of course Primary has a very special place in my heart and I felt like her coming was like a little special gift to me from Heavenly Father. After the meeting I went up and met her. She is lovely! For Devotional we had Elder Evans from the Quorum of the 70. He also gave a powerful talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon in our teaching. He taught us that it is extremely important to have our investigators read the Book of Mormon from the beginning to the end, and to give them large reading assignments each visit. He also encouraged us to invite others to be baptized the very first time that we meet with them. I am SOOOO grateful that I could hear that talk right before I leave for the mission field. I know that I will be a better missionary because of it.

I have some really sad news (it's not really about me, but it's still sad). There are 4 elders from my zone who have been temporarily reassigned because their Belgium visas haven't came through yet. I guess President Stahli really wants them to serve in Belgium first, so until they get there VISA they will be in the States. One of the elders is Elder Bishop! I know that we aren't supposed to have favorites but he is my favorite elder! We have become really good friends and I am sad that he won't be with us right when we go over. Until he gets his VISA he will be in San Jose, California. I told him that he is pretty special to be called to CA right now because of everything that is happening (Prop 8 stuff). I know that Heavenly Father is very conscious of things like that and I trust that he sends missionaries to specific locations for a very special purpose, even if it is temporary.

This is interesting though because last Sunday we got out the new mission map and we all guessed where our first area would be. Everyone (including me) guessed that my first area would be Charleroi, Belgium (I may have spelled that wrong). I really thought that my first area would be Belgium...I don't know, maybe just because that was my original mission call. That means that either 1. My first area will be in France or 2. I already have my VISA. I guess we will find out soon though huh?!?! :]

I am very excited to talk to you soon! It might be weird for me though- missionaries get SOOO involved in the work that we almost forget our life away from the mission. Not really of course, but I think you know that I mean. I think Heavenly Father helps us keep our mind on the work so that we don't get homesick or distracted. But, I will be excited to talk to you again!!!! Remember!!! Monday sometime between 1 and 4 in the afternoon everyone MUST be home by the phone! :] (including the boys!)

You know, one of my teachers said this week that our parents have a mission, but that WE are their investigators. That really touched me because neither of you served a mission by the church's standards, but you did serve a mission! And I am very thankful for all of your service, teaching, prayers, and love. Thank you for bringing ME unto Christ, I hope that I can follow your example to the people in France and Belgium!

I love you all!!! Remember, no more DearElders! They don't come on Sat, Sun, or Mon. From now on you can email me (family) or send letters.

Eternally Yours!!!!!
Soeur Andrea McClaine

No comments:

Post a Comment