Monday, June 28, 2010

Bonjour Ma Cher Famille

Hello Family! First of all, I have to send a belated "Happy Father's Day" to Dad and a belated "Happy Birthday" to Aaron. I usually loose track of the days here in the MTC and I completely forgot that Sunday was Fathers Day until we were listening to "Music and the Spoken Word" on Sunday. It was all about family and fathers and then it hit me......IT was Fathers Day! I immediatedly started to cry. It was the first time that I missed home and family. I felt a little homesick and sad that I had forgotten about the day. But then in Relief Society Sister Bonnie Parkin (our Relief Society speaker is always someone very special every week-the sisters are very lucky!) told us that the greatest honor that we can do for our parents and family is to serve a mission. I remembered why I am here and suddenly didn't feel homesick anymore. I hope that Sunday was a wonderful day for all of you, especially Dad. Dad, thank you so much for all of your love and support over the years.. You have truly helped me understand the love of my Heavenly Father through your example. It was nice to hear from you throughout the week! I am glad to hear that all is well at home. I am still loving every second that I am here at the MTC. There is no where else I would want to be right now. This week was full of hard work and blessings. My french is continuing to improve. I can now contact, bear testimony, pray, and have simple everyday conversations in french (comfortably). There is still so much that I have to learn though.. It is very humbling to learn a new language. So, this week is very special because it is the "New Mission President's Seminar".. It is when over 100 new mission presidents from around the world come and become trained before they go into the mission field. So, with this seminar, ALL of the apostles have been here training and speaking. We haven't been able to see them very much because the building they are in is blocked off from the missionaries and public. BUT they chose 20 districts to take part in the seminar yesterday and MY district was chosen. It was absolutely amazing. When we got there they had us in a very specific seating arrangement for us and gave us a lot of details about what was going to happen. While we were waiting for the meeting to start Elder Russell M. Nelson walked up to my companion and I and said hello. Then over the next hour we saw and met tons of the members of the 70. Some of my friends saw Elder Holland, but I missed it. During the seminar we got to discuss our missionary purpose and practice extending baptismal invitations to the new mission presidents.. It was very uplifting.. I felt so blessed to be invited to attend the seminar. There is a "Special Devotional" tonight and rumor has it the Prophet will speak to us.. Since it is our P-Day, my district and I are going to stand in line really early. Everyone is so excited for this! We will also have another "Special Devotional" this Sunday. What a perfect time for me to be at the MTC.
Well I am all out of time.. I'm sorry I didn't have a whole lot to say this week. I have been so busy, but I love what I am doing here! I know that I am being blessed for my service. I love you all so much! You inspire me to work harder and be better. I am happy that we are an eternal family.

Love, Soeur McClaine



No comments:

Post a Comment